World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
Hands down! The World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
Here we have the world’s best BBQ chicken recipe for summer time grilling. Summer time is a time to get outdoors and start making the world’s best BBQ chicken recipe. Your guests will rave and your friends will dub you king of the world’s best BBQ chicken recipe in history. The world’s best BBQ chicken recipe got its name because of its phenomenal flavors! You’ve never had chicken this good unless you snuck in the back door and stole the world’s best BBQ chicken recipe out of my recipe box.
Next time you are having a BBQ be sure you bust out with the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe. Picnics, parties and outdoor social gatherings of any type are always a good time to make the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe.
BRINE for the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
Summary: This brine is the pride and joy of the world’s best BBQ chicken recipe.
Ingredients for the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe BRINE
- 6 chicken legs and thighs, still connected, bone in, skin on, about 10 ounces each
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a large knife
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Instructions for the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe BRINE
- In a mixing bowl combine the water, salt, sugar, garlic, and thyme.
- Pour the brine into a 2-gallon sized ziploc plastic bag.
- Add chicken, close the bag and refrigerate 2 hours.
BBQ SAUCE for the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
Summary: The secret to this tasting so yummy is in the perseves. Your guests will wonder what you put in the world’s best BBQ chicken recipe.
Ingredients for the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe SAUCE
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup pineapple-apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions for the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe SAUCE
- Wrap the bacon around the bunch of thyme and tie with cooking twine together.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat heat about 2 tablespoons of oil .
- Add the thyme and cook slowly 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly without changing colors.
- Add the remaining ingredients, give the sauce a stir, and turn the heat down to low.
- Cook slowly for 20 minutes to saturate the flavors together.
Remove about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and reserve for serving along side the chicken at the table. The rest of the barbecue sauce will be used for basing the legs.
Directions for Grilling the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees
2. Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
3. Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor gas or charcoal barbecue to a medium heat.
4. Dip a few paper towels in oil and rub the grates of the grill to make a nonstick surface for grilling chicken
5. Take the chicken out of the brine bag, pat it down on some paper towels.
6. Arrange the chicken pieces on the preheated grill and cook, turn once mid-way, and cook for a total of 10 minutes.
7. Transfer the grilled chicken to a cookie sheet and then place in the oven.
8. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes.
9. Remove it from the oven and then brush liberally, coating every inch of the legs with the barbecue sauce and then return to the oven for 30 more minutes, basting the chicken for a second time half way through remaining cooking time.
10. Serve with extra reserved sauce.
Videos for World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
Learn how to grill the World’s Best BBQ Chicken Recipe like a champ.
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
Every other week we bring you a total unique recipe from our group of talented food writes along with helpful cooking tips and an in-depth look at a topical food subject in our featured food article. We also review the sites in our network to help you get better acquainted with the many specialty food niches we cover. Click the button below to be taken to the RPN Blog sign up page. We never rent, sell or trade your personal information as we here at RPN understand it is a privilege to be able to contact you with our insight. Thanks for stopping by our lens and we hope you enjoy becoming a subscriber.
About the Author
Did You Miss Something? Go Back and Read Again!