Uses for Vinegar
Vinegar Has Many Great Uses!
There are many uses for vinegar. I use it for several different things. It is something that just about every household has on hand. You can purchase it in large bottles for very reasonable prices, too. It’s much cheaper than cleaning products and will not harm the environment, either, so if you’re trying to “go green,” vinegar is something you’ll want to have around! For cleaning, I recommend using white vinegar. For odor removal, you can use white or apple cider vinegar. For health purposes, apple cider vinegar is best.
Here are some things I use vinegar for:
1. To wash out dirty litter boxes.
2. To freshen sink drains.
3. To remove water spots from windows and glass, and from stainless steel appliances at clients’ homes that I clean (mix 1/2 water with 1/2 vinegar, spray on spots and fingerprints, let set for a minute or two, then wipe with a hard, white paper towel).
4. Sometimes I will use an equal mix of vinegar and water to clean my windows.
5. I place some in a bowl with a cotton ball to deter mice (they hate the smell).
6. I sometimes use it in the rinse cycle of my laundry instead of fabric softener to soften clothes.
Here are some other uses for vinegar:
1. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a small bucket or large bowl, soak a rag in the mixture and wring it out thoroughly, then wipe your TV or computer screens with the damp rag.
2. Use it for other general cleaning like mopping tile floors. It’s especially gentle on natural stone flooring and other stone decor in your home. You can also clean blinds, countertops and more with an equal mixture of vinegar and water.
3. Unclog drains by pouring 1/2 cup baking soda in clogged drain, then follow with 1 cup of vinegar. Let mixture sit for a few minutes then flush with hot water.
4. Set shallow bowls of vinegar around your home to remove strong odors such as smoke, and so on. Odors should be gone in a couple of days.
5. Remove mildew from your bathroom and other areas of your home. Use full strength or dilute with water.
6. Remove sticker residue from wall, scissors and other items by soaking it with vinegar then gently scraping with a credit card or something similar.
7. Clean your piano keys, keyboard keys and other fingerprinted areas with an equal mixture of vinegar and water.
8. Remove carpet stains with an equal mixture of vinegar and water.
9. Remove grease from stoves and other areas in your kitchen by rubbing straight vinegar on them, letting it sit for a few minutes, then wiping with a damp cloth.
10. Use on furniture to remove built-up wax, table rings (when mixed with an equal amount of olive oil), and to help conceal scratches (when mixed with iodine…more for darker woods).
Vinegar for Health Purposes
Did you know that apple cider vinegar can also be used to help keep you healthy? A daily intake of 2-3 Tbs. of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water can help you feel better. Here are some health uses for vinegar:
1. 1-2 Tbs. in water can relieve an upset stomach.
2. To prevent indigestion, place 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp. honey in warm water. Drink 30 minutes before eating.
3. 1 tsp. in a glass of water will help clear a stuffy nose.
4. 2 Tbs. of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water 3 times daily is said to help reduce arthritis inflammation, help you sleep better, and help you feel better all around. I tried this, and it burned my stomach. I might have been able to better tolerate a weaker mixture or just taking it once a day, but I quit using it altogether. I know of 2 people whom it has helped, though!
5. Helps reduce and remove bad breath when taken regularly.
6. Reduces or stops leg cramps.
7. Great to prevent foot fungus when you soak feet in a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar.
8. Reduce and heal yeast infections by placing 1.5 cups of apple cider vinegar in your bath water.
9. Can boost weight loss.
10. Can help control blood sugars.
The Healing Powers of Vinegar
There are many other health benefits to adding apple cider vinegar to your diet daily. This book will offer more information:
Buy Vinegar Here
Along with distilled vinegar for cooking and cleaning, you’ll find apple cider vinegar, which has many health benefits, as well as tablets and other vinegar sources.
Heinz White Vinegar Distilled – 128Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar,Heinz Cleaning Vinegar, 1 galHigh Potency Apple Cider Vinegar 625Now Foods Apple Cider Vinegar, 450Cleaning Vinegar (Lemon Scent)Bakers & Chefs Vinegar – 2/1SCS Bakers & Chefs Vinegar –Omega Nutrition Certified Organic Apple Cider
More from This Author
Check out my websites, and web pages, and see the books I’ve written. Click on Margaret’s Gems