Recipe for Fig Pizza
Easy Fig Pizza Recipe
If you are looking for something unique to serve your family for dinner try making a recipe for fig pizza. There’s nothing like making a recipe for fig pizza to spice things up at dinner time. A healthy alternative to traditional pizza recipes is making a recipe for fig pizza. This recipe for fig pizza will change up your dinner routine and add wholesome goodness to your diet. Making a recipe for fig pizza when company comes over will leave your guests begging for more.
Best Fig Pizza Recipe
Making a recipe for fig pizza is a great way to get some vegetables into your diet. If you are looking for healthier ways to make foods your family will love try making this recipe for fig pizza. The secret is to you use a good pizza dough recipe that you can make your recipe for fig pizza with. You will love how the flavors of this recipe for fig pizza blend in your mouth. Your palate will be pleased with this recipe for fig pizza.
Recipe: Fig Pizza Recipe
Summary: Here is my favorite Fig Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 dried figs
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- Pour the water into a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand for a few minutes to dissolve. Mix in the oil, salt, and flour to make a dough. When the dough is too stiff to stir, turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes. Place into an oiled bowl, and cover with a clean towel. Set aside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. Let stand for about 10 minutes, then drain and chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until they are wilted and soft. Reduce heat to low, and season with salt. Continue to cook and stir until the onions are a dark brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the thyme, fennel seed and figs, and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Punch down the pizza dough, and stretch into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. Place on a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush the surface lightly with remaining olive oil. Spread the onion and fig mixture over the crust. It will be sparse, but there is plenty of flavor. Dot with pieces of goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust has turned golden brown at the edges.
Preparation time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Fig Pizza Recipe Cooking Video
Recipe Binders to Store Pizza Recipes In
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
Every other week we bring you a total unique recipe from our group of talented food writes along with helpful cooking tips and an in-depth look at a topical food subject in our featured food article. We also review the sites in our network to help you get better acquainted with the many specialty food niches we cover. Click the button below to be taken to the RPN Blog sign up page. We never rent, sell or trade your personal information as we here at RPN understand it is a privilege to be able to contact you with our insight. Thanks for stopping by our lens and we hope you enjoy becoming a subscriber.
About the Author
Did You Miss Something? Go Back and Read Again!