Receta Empanadas De Cajeta
Easy Receta Empanadas De Cajeta
Receta Empanadas De Cajeta is a popular Mexican food dessert made with pumpkin and pastry that you can prepare for the whole family. This is a recipe for a sweet pastry filled with pumpkin and topped with a sweet syrup called receta empanadas de cajeta.
A Mexican dessert so wonderful and sweet you will think you died and went to heaven. This Receta Empanadas De Cajeta is a family tradition in many Mexican family homes and it’s made a lot during the holidays. If you love pumpkin desserts you will love a recipe for Receta Empanadas De Cajeta. You can make this dessert as the crowing masterpiece on your Mexican fiesta. This is the perfect dessert for large crowds.
Empanadas are a sweet pastry usually filled with something delicious like fruits, puddings, cremes and other goodies. Emapandas can also be a dinner item as well when stuffed with meat and potatoes and other goodies.
Empanadas are a delight in many homes because they are easy and affordable. Empandas are a filling way to fill the family without draining your wallet. They are a diversified recipe that you can make with any type of filling you desire. You can stuff with with cremeds and fruits for desserts like receta emepandas. Autmn is a great time to serve pumpkin recipes and try this one for a a sweet empanada de cajeta.
Receta Empanadas De Cajeta Recipe
A delicious Mexican dessert recipe for receta empanadas de cajeta is all you need to top off that master piece meal you make for your family. These little desserts are the best served with some fried ice cream or just by themselves. Mexican desserts are just a great way to top off a great meal. This recipe for receta empanadas de cajeta is fun, affordable and rich in flavor.
In the fall the Receta Empanadas De Cajeta recipe if very popular. Who doesn’t love a sweet pumpkin turnover recipe during harvest time of year? This is the perfect recipe for the holidays especially at Thanksgiving time. You can make this Receta Empanadas De Cajeta to go along with your other Mexican recipes or serve as just a simple dessert to any meal.
Recipe Name: Apple and Cinnamon Empanadas with Cajeta
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chopped into cubes
- ½ can apple pie filling
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt using an electric mixer on a low speed, then mix in the butter. Add 2 of the beaten eggs and mix again.
- Sprinkle flour over a board, and then tip out the dough on it.
- Divide it in half and knead each half into a round ball.
- Wrap the dough halves in plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
- Bring the white sugar and water to a boil without stirring it.
- When the sugar goes orange, stir in enough cream to make the cajeta more liquid, then stir in the butter.
- Let it cool and thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the apple pie filling with the cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough halves and cut 5 inch diamond shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Divide the apple and cinnamon mixture between the dough disks, keeping the mixture on one side, then the cajeta while it is still lukewarm and semi-liquid.
- Fold the diamond shapes over to get triangles and crimp the edges.
- Brush the empanadas with the remaining beaten egg.
- Arrange them on a greased cookie sheet and poke a couple of holes in each empanada using a fork.
- Bake them for half an hour or until they are golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes then serve warm.
- These can also be enjoyed cold.