Mexican Corn Recipe
A Zesty Mexican Corn Recipe
In Mexico and in some parts of the United States vendors are cooking up a Mexican corn recipe to sell on the street. A Mexican corn recipe is a popular way to add zest to your corn. The hot and sweet variety of flavors in a Mexican corn recipe are what make it a favored side dish. This is a Mexican corn recipe for the grill as opposed to boiling in hot water. The grill adds more flavor than cooking on the stove does. To cook this Mexican corn recipe, ditch the husks, coat the ears with oil to prevent sticking and grill directly on the bars over a two-level fire, allowing the ears to cook closer to the coals for a nice charred smoky corn on the cob.
Mexican Corn Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 large ears corn , husks and silk removed
- Vegetable oil for cooking on the grate (grill bars)
- 1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons juice from 1 lime
- 1 ounce Romano cheese , grated
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
Instructions for Mexican Corn Recipe:
1. Light large BBQ grill filled with charcoal (approx 100 briquettes) and allow to burn until coals are fully ignited and partially covered with thin layer of ash, takes approx 20 minutes.
2. Arrange all coals in even layer over half of grill, leaving other half empty.
3. Position cooking grate (grill bars) over the prepared coal briquettes, place the cover on the grill, and heat grill bars about 5 minutes or until hot.
4. scrape grate clean with a wire grilling brush. Using tongs dip a wadded up piece of paper towel or two in vegetable oil and wipe the grill bars.
5. While grill is heating with oil, in a large mixing bowl (big enough to roll the corn in later), combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, black pepper, cayenne, lime juice, and cheese and set aside.
6. In second large mixing bowl, combine oil, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder; add corn and toss in the mixture until coated evenly.
7. Grill corn over coals, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, 7 to 12 minutes total.
8. Remove from grill and place in bowl with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Picture of Mexican Corn Recipe
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
Every other week we bring you a total unique recipe from our group of talented food writes along with helpful cooking tips and an in-depth look at a topical food subject in our featured food article. We also review the sites in our network to help you get better acquainted with the many specialty food niches we cover. Click the button below to be taken to the RPN Blog sign up page. We never rent, sell or trade your personal information as we here at RPN understand it is a privilege to be able to contact you with our insight. Thanks for stopping by our lens and we hope you enjoy becoming a subscriber.
Check Out Another Post On Webnuggetz
Did You Miss Something? Go Back and Read Again!