Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
Easy Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
Nothing says comfort like a Mexican chicken soup recipe on a cold day. When friends are sick you can bring make them this Mexican chicken soup recipe to soothe their throats and the zesty Mexican flavor will open their sinuses. Nothing warms the soul like a good Mexican chicken soup recipe. With fall and winter months approaching be sure to keep this Mexican chicken soup recipe on hand in the kitchen. Enjoy this Mexican chicken soup recipe for dinner one night with the family and serve with some tortilla chips and cheese. Mexican recipes are perfect for dinner and a tradition in many homes. With so many Mexican recipes available, why not change it up a bit and try this Mexican chicken soup recipe.
Mexican soup is the perfect thing to bring a sick friend or relative because it opens the sinuses with its spicy flavors and fills the belly and warms the soul. You will love how this soup recipe for Chicken tastes when you are not feeling well. Mexican soups are just one way to make the cold season a little more friendly. When you can curl up with a bowl of Mexican soup in front of the fire, life is good.
Best Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
There are many varieties of a Mexican chicken soup recipe; some like to make it in the crockpot or slow cooker while others prefer to make in on the stove the traditional way. Making a Mexican chicken soup recipe in the crockpot saves a busy person a lot of time because they can set in the morning and leave it all day while they are at work. You can make this Mexican chicken soup recipe ahead of time and take to it top work all week for lunch at work. It’s an affordable way to make lunch all week instead of going out for a burger and fries.
Mexican chicken soup recipes are just one way you can indulge in the flavors of Mexico without all the fat and calories. Mexican soup is generally low in calories when made with chicken. Soup recipes are a great way to stay slim in the winter when everyone else is loading up on Christmas cookies. You can be making Mexican chicken soup recipes to stay healthy and trim.
Recipe: Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
Summary: Easy to follow directions for Mexican Chicken Soup
Ingredients for Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
Instructions for Mexican Chicken Soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay chicken breasts onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, cool and shred or cut into strips.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat oil in a stockpot and cook the onions and celery until soft.
- Stir in the water and chicken broth.
- Season with cumin, black pepper and remaining taco seasoning mix.
- Simmer for 30 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Add the tomatoes, cilantro and chicken, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot topped with avocado, shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Mexican Chicken Soup Cooking Video
Recipe Binders for Mexican Food Recipes
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
Every other week we bring you a total unique recipe from our group of talented food writes along with helpful cooking tips and an in-depth look at a topical food subject in our featured food article. We also review the sites in our network to help you get better acquainted with the many specialty food niches we cover. Click the button below to be taken to the RPN Blog sign up page. We never rent, sell or trade your personal information as we here at RPN understand it is a privilege to be able to contact you with our insight. Thanks for stopping by our lens and we hope you enjoy becoming a subscriber.
About the Author
Did You Miss Something? Go Back and Read Again!