Mexican Bread Recipes
Conchas Mexican Bread Recipes
Conchas is a type of sweet bread originated from Mexico. Often eaten in the morning, Conchas Mexican bread is a lightly sweetened type of bread that is a staple of Mexicans diets. Conchas bread often has a sweetened decorated top and is shaped in a ball form bread. Visit our main website for a lot more great tasting Mexican Recipes.
Breakfast Bread from Mexico
Start your morning with a hot cup of coffee and a warm fresh piece of Conchas bread from Mexico. Traditional Mexican Food such as Conchas bread is widely favored over sweeter treats like donuts and cakes in Mexico.
Recipe: Conchas – Coiled Sweet Rolls
Summary: Mexican Conchas bread is a sweet tasting Mexican style twist rolls. Makes a great bread for Mexican themed dinners.
Mexican Concha Bread Ingredients:
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
Instructions for Mexican Concha Bread Recipe:
- Mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast in large bowl.
- Add softened butter.
- Gradually add water and beat 2 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour.
- Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough additional flour to make stiff dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Punch dough down.
- Divide in halves.
- On lightly floured board, roll half of dough to 15- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Spread with 2 tablespoons softened butter. Fold in half.
- Roll out again to 15- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Spread with 2 tablespoons more butter.
- Fold in half and roll out to 18- x 6-inch rectangle.
- Cut dough lengthwise into 6 (1-inch) strips. Fold each strip in half lengthwise so that it is 1/2-inch wide.
- Gently roll to round and lengthen each strip to rope. 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Hold one end of each rope firmly and wind dough loosely around to form coil.
- Tuck end underneath.
- Place on greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled. Heat honey until thin.
- Gently brush rolls with half of honey and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400xF 15 minutes or until browned. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle while hot with remaining honey.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe Cooking Video for Conchas Bread
Photos of Finished Mexican Breads
Mexican Recipe Cookbooks
Check Out Another Post On Webnuggetz
Did You Miss Something? Go Back and Read Again!