The Best Spanish Recipe for Paella
Authentic Spanish Recipe for Paella
A Spanish recipe for paella is a variety of your favorite foods in a large one pan dish. This giant skillet dish is prepared a variety of ways and a variety of ingredients can be used. You can add a variety foods to your favorite paella recipes. A Spanish paella recipe is a great one dish meal that will fed a large amount of people. You have your carbs, vegetables and proteins in this unique one pan dish.
A paella recipe is similar to a jambalaya. It’s the same concept basically, you just add your favorite meats, rice, seasoning and vegetables for a wonderful paella. Try using seafood, steak, pork or chicken. There are a variety of meats you can incorporate in a Spanish recipe paella. Mexican recipes are a popular cuisine in many homes because they are filling and affordable.
Traditional Spanish Recipe for Paella
Next time you are in the mood for Mexican food, try making a Spanish recipe paella for dinner. Use your favorite meats or what ever you have on hand to make your own paella. You can’t beat the authenticity of this dish. serve this Spanish recipe paella for supper next time you’re in the mood for a unique skillet recipe.
Serve this recipe for Spanish Paella with your favorite sides like Spanish rice, refried beans and fresh salad. You can make a variety of salsas to top your paella recipe with. Chipotle, Salsa Fresca, Tomato Salsa, Salsa Verde and other salsas and sauces are great on top of your Spanish paella recipe.
Prep Time: 50 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 6 cups chicken stock, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 saffron threads
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups peeled and deveined small shrimp, diced
- 6 small lobster tails
- 1/2 pound clams in shell, scrubbed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 (2 ounce) can mussels
- Rinse the rice with cold water; drain; set aside.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low, cover, and keep warm.
- Work the garlic, parsley, curry powder, saffron threads, salt, black pepper, and 1/2 cup of the hot chicken stock together with a mortar and pestle until a smooth liquid forms; set the seasoning liquid aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan over medium-high heat; cook and stir the onion until lightly browned.
- Stir in the chicken, shrimp, lobster, and clams; cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the seasoning liquid.
- Stir in the rice, pour in the hot chicken stock, and simmer until the rice is nearly tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, peas, and mussels; stir two times, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand until rice is soft and flaky, about 7 minutes.
Spanish Recipe for Paella Cooking Video
Make Your Own List of Mexican Food
You can make your own list of Mexican food by simply starting a list and adding to it as you think of things. Keep your list of Mexican food in the kitchen so you can get it out quickly.
Recipe Binders for Mexican Food Recipes
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
If mouthwatering Mexican meals are something you are interested in, perhaps you will enjoy the Recipe Publishing Network newsletter. Our twice-a-month newsletter covers many kinds of cooking and recipe ideas, from all the RPN sites. Each newsletter has a different theme, to inspire and interest you, and perhaps to teach you something new about food or cooking. The newsletter contains cooking tips and tricks, as well as a completely unique recipe not found on any of our websites. Please click the button below to be taken to the RPN Blog signup page. We never rent, sell or trade your personal information, as we here at RPN understand it is a privilege to be able to contact you with our insight.
About the Author
Did You Miss Something? Go Back and Read Again!
- Authentic Spanish Recipe for Paella
- Traditional Spanish Recipe for Paella
- Spanish Recipe for Paella Cooking Video
- Make Your Own List of Mexican Food
- Recipe Binders for Mexican Food Recipes
- Avery Binders Technical Information:
- Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
- About the Author
- Related posts: