Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
An Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe for Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and everyone knows that means it’s time to bust out the authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe. Nothing says the Holidays like making this authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe. One of the things I love best about making an Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe is the traditions behind it at Christmas time.
The whole family gets together and shares this wonderful meal prepared by the ladies. The ladies get up early, enjoy gabbing and make this authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe together. The whole house smells like a Mexican food restaurant. When you want to bring all the comfort and familiarity of Mexico into your kitchen you have prepare this authentic Mexican tamale recipe.
Authentic tamales are so delicious and take time to prepare because each step is so important. Making tamales is a Mexican tradition for the women because everyone can get together and make authentic tamales together.
To prepare authentic Mexican tamales you have to have just the right meats. If you prepare red pork tamales or green you need tender fall apart pork. Slow cooking your tamale recipe pork is the best way to get the texture and consistency you need for good authentic Mexican tamales.
Make an Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
Making an authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe takes many hands or one very skilled and energetic person. It’s nice to have a few people gathered in the kitchen assembling this authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe because there are so many steps involved.
To make the perfect authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe you must have a rhythm going because it can get a bit tricky at times. This Christmas try this authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe and be sure to come back and let us know what you think.
Mexican recipes are so flavorful and affordable that it’s no wonder they’re a staple in most homes. When cooking for large groups or fundraisers, tamales are always a favorite. Nothing sells faster for fundraisers than authentic Mexican tamales. If you want to cook your own you will need to have this authentic Mexican pork tamale recipe.
Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
Summary: This is part one of the authentic Mexican pork tamale recipes. This is how you will prepare the pork for the inside of your tamale recipe.
Step ONE: Preparing the Pork for Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipes
Prepared the night before….
Ingredients for preparing pork:
• 6 lbs. pork shoulder, cut through bone
• 6 lbs. pork butt
• 4 tbsp. salt
• 2 whole garlic heads, skins removed
Directions for Preparing Pork:
1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot with enough water to cover the pork butt.
2. Bring it to a boil and simmer all night (7 hours) with a very low flame.
3. Meat will fall off the bone.
STEP TWO: Preparing the Chili for the Chili Sauce
Ingredients for Preparing Chili:
• 20 chili pasilla-dried
• 6 chili
Directions to prepare the chili
The seeds and veins are very hot, so you must remove all of the seeds and as much of the vein as possible.
Wearing rubber gloves, wash the chilies well.
Put into a large pot with a lid and cover the chili with some boiling water and set OVERNIGHT.
STEP THREE: Soaking the Corn Husks for Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
Soak 2 packages of corn husks in a large container of very hot water.
STEP FOUR: Preparing the Chili Sauce and Pork Meat for Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
Ingredients for Preparing Chili Sauce:
• Chili soaking in pot
• Pork Meat from Earlier
• 4 tbsp. cumin seed (grind in molcajete)
• 2 tsp. whole oregano (crumble leaves)
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 med. onion, cut in quarters
• 1 whole garlic head, peeled and cleaned
• Salt to taste
Directions to Prepare Chili Sauce and Pork:
1. Heat a saucepan large enough to hold the meat and the sauce on low heat.
2. In a blender or food processor, add a handful of the soaked chiles with 1 1/2 cups of the reserved meat broth and puree.
3. Pour puree into the heated saucepan and raise the heat.
4. Continue the puree process until the final batch; in the final batch, add remaining ingredients and puree.
5. Add the final batch to the sauce pan.
6. When the sauce boils, add the shredded meat and cook until the meat comes to a boil.
7. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. If the meat needs more liquid, add small amounts of the reserved meat broth
9. Meat is ready to be removed from the stove for tamales.
STEP FIVE: Preparing the Masa for Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
Ingredients for Masa:
12 lbs. prepared masa (fresh corn prepared masa)
1/2 cup meat broth
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. salt (crumble leaves)
1 cup lard (melted)
1 medium onion, quartered
Directions for preparing the masa:
Use Masa the same day you purchase it.
With your hands knead the dough until the masa expands and is very fluffy.
Add more broth a small amount at a time to get desired consistency.
STEP SIX: Assemble the Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
1. Shake the corn husks well to remove any excess water and pick the silk off, path them dry with a towel and let them air dry standing up.
2. Smear a thin coat of masa over the widest part of the husk.
3. Spread 1 generous tablespoon of pork filling down the middle of the masa.
4. Fold the right side over the filling and then fold, or roll the left side over the previously folded side
5. Fold the pointy side (no masa is there) of the husk down over the tamale.
6. Tie with a thin strip of corn husk to hold together.
STEP SEVEN: Steaming the Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
1. Place a mound of extra husks or a foil ball in the center of a steamer basket placed in a Dutch oven.
2. Lean the tamales in the basket, the open side needs to be facing up.
3. Add water to Dutch oven just below the basket.
4. Bring the water to boil, reduce heat, cover and steam for 40 minutes.
Videos for Making Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
Pictures of Authentic Mexican Pork Tamale Recipe
WebNuugetz has tons of easy and simple recipes for just about every occasion. You can make breakfast, desserts, crock pot recipes and more. There are so many fast and easy recipes available for you to choose from you will have no problem selecting what you need. Be sure to visit our other recipes and share with with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Mexican Recipe Cookbooks
More Mexican Recipes
Easy Mexican Recipes for Christmas Dinner Christmas dinner is always a treat when you serve easy Mexican Christmas recipes at the Holidays. As winter approaches it’s time to start looking for some of the best easy Mexican Christmas recipes that you can make with your family. In most Mexican families making easy …
Learn How to Cook Mexican Food Recipes Mexican Food is an easy type of cuisine to prepare for your family. Mexican cooking techniques have been passed down through generations of cooks. Bringing us many great spicy dishes. It is so easy to learn …
Easy Mexican Cornbread Casserole Recipe There’s nothing more comforting than Mexican casserole recipes. Mexican casserole recipes are filling on the tummy but not draining on the wallet. Most Mexican recipes are made from the same basic, affordable ingredients. Having Mexican casserole recipes on hand for potlucks, parties and dinner is just …
Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe This is a Mexican cornbread recipe to delight that is such an easy fix for Mexican night. Mexican cornbread recipe is spicier than regular corn bread and it compliments any Mexican dish. This is an easy recipe for Mexican cornbread that you can just throw together on …
A Filling Mexican Tamale Pie Recipe When you’re in the mood for a flavorful and filling dinner you have no where better to turn than a Mexican Tamale Pie Recipe. The blend of sweet and spicy in this Mexican Tamale Pie Recipe will have your family feeling satisfied. What makes a …